Agnostic.com

3 6

Today's hike: Blue skies and an anxious dog.

Today Karen and I hiked 6.3 miles with 2,000' of elevation gain at Sage Hills Trails in the foothills of Wenatchee.

Karen brought Chloe, her neighbor's Golden Retriever who lacks outdoor exercise. The owner never takes her for a walk. The poor dog anxiously chews off her hair. She looked dessicated with little muscle from lack of exercise.

On the trail, Chloe was joyfully gamboling about with a constantly wagging tail. It was wonderful to see.

Karen and I ate lunch on a grassy hill, gazing at the snowy Enchantments, Glacier Peak and the Wenatchee Mountains.

We both groaned starting the final uphill climb to the car after a long, steep descent. "It's like ending a marathon at the top of of a hill," Karen said. "Torture."

"My legs!" I moaned and laughed. "At least it's short."

Photos:

1. Wenatchee Mountains.

2. Glacier Peak, 10,000'.

3. Enchantments, 8,000'.

There was hazy smoke from a brushfire east of Wenatchee.

LiterateHiker 9 Oct 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Beautiful pics ,Your trees you talk about Larches are known as Tamaracks her in Ontario ,Not many in my area but are further north and Quebec

No snow?

@Haemish1

In the foothills, we weren't high enough for snow. There's snow in the mountains.

Today's high was 45 degrees.

@LiterateHiker
6,200’ here, and we’ve still got snow - it got close to 32 degrees this evening, so the Halloween parade was good, and I had an opportunity to meet with a Democratic candidate for the US House of Representatives before hand, so it was a good evening!

Cool

bobwjr Level 10 Oct 31, 2019
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:420795
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.