Agnostic.com

29 5

Do humans have a innate affinity for drugs & is this natural behaviour for humans?

If so, what drives the behaviour?

atheist 8 Mar 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

29 comments (26 - 29)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This human does, it seems to true for a lot of humans. I used different drugs at different times in the 70's and 80's. I settled in on pot and a little alcohol, 3 or 4 drinks a week. I saw a nature film about a watering hole somewhere in Africa where some kind fruit tree drops its fruit which ferments on the ground. All these animals from monkeys to elephants and other species get together and get drunk on there asses. It is realy funny. Evidently we are not alone in this.

Aside from alcohol, there are no drugs that I enjoy. Even with alcohol, I don't like being intoxicated. I can't even take strong prescription painkillers. I hate that groggy disconnect that I get from them.

JimG Level 8 Mar 23, 2018

@JimG -- That's true for many of us, maybe even a majority, but we as a species are prone not only to get hung up on various drugs, but all sorts of other psychological states of mind as well.

Like you, I don't take even over the counter stuff unless it is absolutely (heavy stress on 'absolutely'😉 necessary. I definitely do not like that disconnect.

I would be happy to spend my life with only with one drug, Hul Gil- the Joy plant. It would be a short but happy life. Of course, that is not an option.

Innate affinity!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:42172
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.