Agnostic.com

5 0

Militant Atheism

Do you believe that militant atheism should be a revolutionary movement?

Nathyn 3 Nov 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I don't believe that there should be a militant anything. If a visitor from outer came to visit earth and saw a militant atheist and a militant Christian, would he think there was a difference? Militancy is an attempt to make others believe what you believe. That presupposes a superiority of understanding - how ridiculous is that? I see militant proponents of anything not teachable or open to the possibility of the value of new ideas. That's what I think anyway.

Tomm Level 5 Nov 19, 2017

atheists I hope are smarter than to be manipulated for political bs like revolutions. Atheism is an individual perspective not a communist agenda.

argo Level 4 Nov 19, 2017

Sure, since it would be easier to identify them and take them out of society. 😛

I think they do more harm than good. What's better is to declare war on them. Take them to task.

Yes and no. I am antitheist. I would like to see religion completely abolished form this planet, but if we start raising arms to prove our point, we are no better than they are. Militant or heavy handed groups that try to force our belifes on others will only be used against us. We have to hold ourselves at a higher standard to try encouraging skepticism by example.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:4219
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.