Agnostic.com

3 2

SHOULD WE TALK ABOUT PROBABILITY & NOT PROOF??

Bertrand Russell said there is no way to disprove something exists. He talked about the possibility of a teapot orbiting the sun. There is no way to disprove it.

So should we talk about probabilities & not absolutes. What is the probability Fairies or Pixies exist? (By the way, what is the difference between Fairies & Pixies?). Humanity can imagine billions of possible things

So we have no way of proving god doesn't exist. We can only say, in our opinion, there is an extremely low probability he,she,it exists.

Which makes us agnostics & not atheists.

Remiforce 7 Nov 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If a person wonders about something or other and is actively trying to learn about that subject, then they are not very concerned with belief or disbelief. They are just interested in finding the answer, or reformulating the question into something more meaningful. They are not interested in fake, superficial arguments over beliefs—they want substantive understanding. They are open to and excited by promising new ideas.

That's why I believe in keeping an open mind--the scientific method. Atheism is a belief & to my mind not scientific

Fairies are from Europe and pixies originate in South West England

Thanks for telling us

Agnosticism is accepting reality, and atheism is a belief. They aren't mutually exclusive. I am agnostic because we cannot know, and I am atheist because I believe there's no god.

To my mind, agnosticism is just a statement of fact. Atheism is a belief just like religion. The atheists can't prove god doesn't exist & the religious types prove the opposite, but they are both expressing beliefs, not reality or fact

@Remiforce Exactly.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:424245
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.