Agnostic.com

2 2

LINK A forgotten hero stopped the My Lai massacre 50 years ago today - Los Angeles Times

Posted for Veterans Day

"On the 30th anniversary of the massacre, Thompson went back to My Lai and met some of the people whose lives he had saved. “There were real good highs,” he told me, “and very low lows. One of the ladies that we had helped out that day came up to me and asked, ‘Why didn’t the people who committed these acts come back with you?’ And I was just devastated. And then she finished her sentence: she said, ‘So we could forgive them.’ I’m not man enough to do that. I’m sorry. I wish I was, but I won’t lie to anybody. I’m not that much of a man.”"

[latimes.com]

WilliamCharles 8 Nov 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Courage sometimes carries a high price. Fine example.

And on this Veteran's Day, let us remember and honor all those brave war criminals from Korea, and Vietnam, still walking and living amongst us! (Being sarcastic, of course!).

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:425366
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.