Agnostic.com

5 1

Do grammar Nazis HAVE to correct people all the time or can they ignore the grammatical error without having a heart attack?

Sometimes I misspell some words or some of what I write isn't how I want it to come out. I overlook other people's misspelled words and the erroneous grammar. I always have to reread what I've written several times and I edit a lot. I'm not perfect. Why do others have to police and correct other's and their misspelled words? They know what the word is that they are using that is misspelled, so why be a annoying and point it out? I focus on my own spelling and idc if someone has an error or two. IJS.

Sarahroo29 8 Mar 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

From what I've experienced it's a "have to" kind of thing. It's either correct them or complain about it to someone else.

Maybe they all have OCD.

The item being referenced.

Where it bothers me is on memes I want to share. Hate when a great meme has some elementary mistake. For myself, I hate when I post something with errors, and there's no edit function. But you're right, what's important are the ideas expressed and that they can be understood.

Yez thay doo....🙂

Haha.

People always think I'm a grammar Nazi, because I use correct grammar and spelling in whatever I write. However, that's just because I instinctively understand the rules of grammar, while my ability to spell is simply an ability to remember correct spellings.

I really don't care about grammar or spelling in anything anyone else writes. What you say is what's important.

Jnei Level 8 Mar 24, 2018

I agree.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:42717
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.