Agnostic.com

11 2

Would you sell your (nonexistent) soul?

This occurred to me tonight as an interesting experiment , though not one I'd care to try. Selling one's soul on Ebay or other venue. Perhaps an enterprising Xian could buy it and attempt to redeem it? You could strike a bargain, were you so inclined (I would not be), that for an agreed-upon sum of money, you would for a specified time-frame do the requisite religious course of the Xian's choosing: Church services, Sunday school, even Bible readings and prayer perhaps for an extra amount. Surely some enterprising atheist has hit on this as a money-making scheme. There are groups out there that would do this to save our grubby pitiable selves. I don't have the time, the patience, nor the stomach for it. Anyone want to borrow the idea, yours for the taking! Just please report back to let us know how you fare! And if it back-fires and you end up saved, I'm truly sorry. Lol.

BookDeath 8 Nov 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

There is a very good book on the subject " How I sold my soul on e-bay." By The Friendly Atheist.

Sure I'll sell my soul. But hell if I would go to church or read the Bible as part of the exchange. Those activities involve my body, eyes, mind, etc. Those aren't for sale.

Yes, and I would like to sell my non-existent Porsche, my non-existent gold bars, my non-existent Van Gogh paintings, and my non-existent Hope Diamond. I would be rich beyond my non-existent dreams. 🙂

No, but I would consider a short term rental.

I sort of suggested to a woman one time that she would have my soul if we made love, but there was no true quid pro quo.

Sure, as an exfundie I can claim the "once saved, always saved" interpretation of grace, take the cash, and get on with my merry little life.

1of5 Level 8 Nov 21, 2019

Nope

bobwjr Level 10 Nov 21, 2019

The soul equals the mind.. Check your history...

@BookDeath I suppose you're right...

Ohferpetesake.....

@BookDeath betcha ya can get a lot more money for virginity than anybody's soul........

super idea, but I couldn't manage it.

unless maybe it was a big pile of money and could be done toungue in cheek on youtube or something.

If I could find someone stupid enough to buy it along with my elephant in the room

You did see his target audience...but they'll only buy the elephant if they can't actually see it.

@1of5 yes, that is a bit of a marketing problem. I could always give it away free as an incentive!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:429575
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.