Agnostic.com

1 1

LINK False Idol — Why the Christian Right Worships Donald Trump

“[Romney] made no outreach like you’re doing,” Jeffress pointed out. “Bush didn’t do it. McCain didn’t do it. You’re the only candidate who’s asked people to come and share.” Why? Because religion needs to be separate from politics. A long read expressing the confusion that many suffer from. Do you see yourself here?

IAJO163 8 Dec 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It’s a very interesting Rolling Stone article, but I think it is a mistake to lump together all evangelicals as though that is all that defines them, and then to say that they were the ones who put Trump into office. One fourth of the country might say, if asked, that they are a member of one of the groups deemed by the media to be “evangelical “. But are they active members or do they merely identify that way through family tradition? And it is said that 3/4 of evangelicals voted Republican. That’s only 3/16’s of the country. Where did all the other votes come from?

Generally people do not vote based on religion. They vote based on political views or on personal impressions of the candidates. A person might identify with a particular church or other, but in general, that is only a small part of who they are.

I also note that the article has a misleading headline. It’s not about the Christian Right. It’s specifically about those who have been branded as Evangelicals. That would include Hilary Clinton BTW.

Ty. I was searching for viewpoints and you provided a good one.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:433789
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.