Agnostic.com

4 17

Today's hike: blue skies and newly fallen snow. Finding lost gloves.

Yesterday I had laser eye surgery on my 2nd eye. This morning, everything was sharply outlined. Wonderful!

Today Karen and I hiked up Ingalls Creek Trail. We used micro-spikes because there were rocks poking through the snow in places. Hard on snowshoes.

Happily, someone broke trail with snowshoes after the weekend snowstorm. Karen, 71, had fun making faces on boulders and stumps. We hiked 4.5 miles with 800 feet of elevation gain.

Ingalls Creek Trail is extremely popular. It's featured in Alaska Airlines in-flight magazine. Bad word. We saw nobody. Perfect.

Tomorrow we're going to hike up to Clara and Marion Lake to find the warm gloves I left behind. It was so cold, I took off wet gloves and yanked everything out of my pack on top of the gloves. In the rocks. Dry mittens were, of course, in the bottom of my pack.

Karen insists we go look for them. I know where they are. Where we sat for lunch. Must bring a small shovel to dig the gloves out of the snow.

LiterateHiker 9 Dec 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sorry about the gloves. Hope you find them. Looks like a great hike!

@BudFrank

Thank you. Was going to replace them. Inside one finger, the liner is twisted into a hard lump. Impossible to fix. I've tried.

I get it smoothed out, then it lumps up again. It keeps happening.

But if I stitch in the liner fingers, the gloves lose their waterproofing.

Love the adventures you and Karen go on and your vivid descriptions like we are there with you including your pics We got about 6" of snow here on Monday,,may be gone by the wekend

Where the hell is Wenatchee anyway? I know that I can google it, but?

@Atheist3

Wenatchee, WA is in the center of Washington State. Snuggled up against the east side of the Cascade Mountains, it's sunny, an arid, shrub-steppe area. . Hot and dry in the summer. Dry, powder snow in the winter.

@LiterateHiker Hey, west coast living! I spent a few years on Vancouver Island so I can appreciate what you're saying. God's country. I thought you were describing herself? lol

@Atheist3

What woman did you think I was describing?

Wowie Zowie!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:434343
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.