Agnostic.com

5 0

LINK What is Wrong with the Republican Party?

... Where to begin....

snytiger6 9 Dec 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Trump and the GOP?

Rick Wilson, a long-time hardball GOP strategist, tells how Trump took over the GOP in Everything Trump Touches Dies. The free Kindle sample persuaded me so I won’t buy the $14 Kindle book.

In mid-January, Wilson’s Running Against the Devil will be available.

Heather Cox Richardson, in her 2014 (before Trump) To Make Men Free: A History of the Republican Party wrote:

• “After Lincoln, and after Roosevelt and Eisenhower as well, Republican leaders gradually turned against their own reforms in favor of protecting the interests of the rich.”
    Her 11th (of 12) chapters is titled Movement Conservatives Capture the GOP

What's right about the republican party? It is not even listable.

Religion. Before the religious right took over the Republican primary process it was a decent enough party, not great, but not psycotically insane.

1of5 Level 8 Dec 6, 2019

To religion, add the racism contributed by Nixon’s late 1960s Southern Strategy.

I don't know where to begin either.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:435344
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.