Agnostic.com

6 12

Republican Rep. to Step Down After Redrawn Maps Undue GOP Gerrymander

George Holding (R-N.C.) is the second Republican this week to announce he would not seek reelection in 2020. Rep. Tom Graves (Re- Ga.) said Thursday he would be retiring as well.

George Holding said Friday he would not run for reelection in 2020 after North Carolina’s electoral map was redrawn to undo a Republican gerrymander, leaving him with a heavily Democratic district.

Holding and Graves join at least 20 other House Republicans who have said they are not seeking reelection or other offices next year. Four GOP senators have also announced their resignations, according to The Atlantic.

Zippy de do da!

Zippy de day!

My, oh, my

What a wonderful day!

[huffpost.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Dec 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If the election is lost ,at least if it is held in an even and fair manner,then so be it.All elections should be contested in a fair and equitable fashion,making the reversal of the obvious gerrymandering is welcome.

LMAO love it

What I can't cheat anymore. I'm going to take my ball and go home. Humph. Typical Republican M.O. Can't cheat, well then cut and run.

Holding wrote, ".... if it is part of the Good Lord’s plan, I will someday return to public office."

Translation: "If the Republican National Committee can fund me up a Senate run, Imma be all up in that be-atch."

Yeah, now that they know they'd have to compete honestly, they're running
away like the little cowards they are.

It is definitly good news,but lets hope their replacements are not as bad

Lets hope their replacements are all Dems.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:435478
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.