Agnostic.com

21 5

Do you daydream?

Frequently through the day, I find myself daydreaming about a vast range of ideas, fantasies, and conversations.

It happens mostly when I'm doing some sort of manual labor, where it doesn't matter if my mind is wandering. In this way it is very useful in breaking up the tedium of whatever I'm doing, but I have experienced some drawbacks with my overactive imagination. When I was first learning to drive, I'd occasionally lose track of the road or my speed because I was dreaming of getting into an accident later down the road. Although, that problem has disappeared now that I've gotten over the stress of driving.

During Junior year of High School I was depressed, something I didn't like to admit because I dreaded being seen as an attention-seeker. I feel that my daydreaming exasperated the problem, as my fear and self-hatred could manifest in a waking nightmare. On the flip side, many of my daydreams would consist of conversations with myself, where I was able to partially work through my problems. I've avoided ever seeing a psychiatrist, again to avoid bringing validity or attention to my problems, but I'd often daydream of having a one-sided conversation with a psychiatrist anyway.

Has anyone else here had a similar or interesting experience with daydreams?

Sheitelhau 5 Mar 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

21 comments (26 - 21)

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:43563
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.