Agnostic.com

0 1

Another poem I wrote. I seem to have dark poems on my mind. Usually, I prefer writing short stories and full length stories. But occasionally a poem hits me. If you could tell me what you think of it.

Plague… Doesn’t it have a frightful ring to it?

Something that is larger than a continent, yet smaller than an amoeba. It’s carried by insects, yet is stronger than an army.

Nobody is immune to its depredations. Not the virtuous, the wealthy or the powerful. Kings and priests cower in fear of it.

Only the dead may escape its wrath. Not God, not the Devil, not Man can stop it, only hinder its process.

But it will be back, sure as the sky is blue, and it will dye the world crimson.

We think we have beaten it, but it could be right around the corner, waiting for the right time to strike, to wipe this sorry race off the planet like so much dust in the wind.

The rats brought it the first time. Who will bring it next?

ErichZannIII 7 Nov 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:4365