Agnostic.com

4 1

She spent most of our marriage trying to get back to who she was before we met. Can you relate?

CallMeDave 8 Mar 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think I know what she meant. Before I met my kids dad, I had a career path planned out, a handful of friends, and spent most of my time reading, drawing or painting. During the time I was with him I gave up my career plan, had kids, lost touch with most of my friends and stopped reading and creating art. Life took a weird turn and I lost who I was in pursuit of being a partner and a mom. I'm just starting to get some of myself back but its taken a lot of work.

Why did she change to get married? I'm not sure what you mean by this?

Yes, my ex-was anorexic and trying I'm sure to get back to her birth weight.

My ex was an obnoxious person. When she decided she fancied me she changed totally, gave up smoking, lots a lot of weight, became nice to people, stopped partying.
I was flattered and eventually we got married had kids. 13 years after we got married, she decided she was only acting that way for me and told me she was going back to who she really was, and she did. She said it was all about her, my needs, kids needs didn't matter. hmm, seperation withing 12 months, divorce a few years later.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:43706
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.