Agnostic.com

3 0

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

it is a little known fact that Joan of Arc was not burned at the stake for war crimes, nor for being a enemy military captive, nor for claiming saintly visions. The English church burned her for breaking the biblical law against transvestism

A man’s item shall not be on a woman, and a man shall not wear a woman’s garment; whoever does such a thing is an abhorrence unto Adonai.
— Deuteronomy 22:5

Priests it seems think they are the only ones to look good in a black dress and aways have done.

Evolutuon is what makes us sexual beings. "Letting them be trasgender" is like letting them have a favorite color or food. It is simply aknowledging what they are, it is not enabling some sort of "behavior". We are deluding Christians by letting them be full of shit.

Hm. Lots of reaching there. This isn't, for example, done "for the entertainment of adults". Sheesh.

My neighbors are ordinary people with a transsexual son. Neither they nor their son wanted to deal with this issue. No one is entertained by it. No one chose it. Who chooses to have a daughter who becomes a son?? On top of a childhood illness that nearly killed him (her at the time) it's been a long road for them. He's now an attorney in his late 20s.

That's the closest thing I have to experience with someone transgender in my life. I'll admit to some concern that gender fluidity may be overindulged and that gender reassignment is an expensive and risky process with mixed outcomes and I strongly suspect most transgender people would prefer to just have some genetic "bit" flipped off so they can have typical needs and desires -- if it were possible at this time. But to turn this into some seedy, pervy conspiracy by parents against their children is just wrong on so many levels. Typical religious pontification totally divorced from reality.

Yeah he's a major asshole

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:444849
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.