Agnostic.com

5 5

Tumbleweed invasion traps vehicles, closes highway, Richland, WA

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I am so glad some insane cigarette smoker did not ignite this fire hazard road closure of tumbleweeds

Quite the site to see, Something we do not experience here ,must have been really scary to the car drivers that had to stop and get out of there vehicles and then watch them disappear under the mountains of tumbleweeds

Seen something like that in Colorado

Just bought a house in West Richland and had to drive through a tumbleweed "storm" about a month ago. Not nearly this bad, but not fun at all.

1of5 Level 8 Jan 3, 2020

@1of5

Tumbleweed scratch your car badly. They contain stones, sticks, bugs, and other critters.

@LiterateHiker yup, that's why I avoided them as much as possible.

They do blow up kinda cool when you hit them, though, and the car I was driving is an older Camry we bought just to drive over and back till we move perminatly to the east side, and came prescratched.

There must have been fences that stopped them from blowing on through.

@Lorajay

Watch the video. "Home on the range!" No fences to stop the tumbleweeds.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:445365
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.