Agnostic.com

1 0

After leaving the fold, what did you do to make new friends?

After becoming an atheist I realized all my friendships weren't as deep as I once thought, once my friends found out I no longer beleived we fell apart, I've been going to the same school and church my entire life, most of my earliest memories are of Sunday school, i've realized I actually don't know how to make friends, its even more difficult finding friends who agree with me on religious matters, I still like my old friends and we talk occasionally, but it just makes me really sad when I see how indoctrinated they all are, I wanna be around people that don't make me feel so terrible for their sake all the time.

so for anyone who's ever lost friends, family or other people in their lives after leaving a religion, how did you go about finding new friends or a group of people to be around?

Ry-Studios 4 Jan 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I left the fold at 14, so it really wasn't a problem. After that, i never really talked about it with more than a handful of people in my whole life. It just never came up with wives, girlfriends, or friends.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:446500
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.