Agnostic.com

5 3

Do we need a replacement to get back to the Four Horsemen?

I loved Christopher Hitchens. It is an understatement to say that he was a great and wonderful man. I miss him greatly. However, I feel a need to find someone to fill his spot with the Horsemen. I guess this might be something the other three might want to discuss, and maybe have. I don't know where this nickname came from, but you know Notre Dame had a football backfield (there are 4) called the Four Horsemen. I think Michael Shermer might be a good candidate, or maybe Bill Maher, or Seth Andrews. Richard carrier might be a good choice. I wonder if the other three have considered this idea?

Grecio 7 Jan 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Matt Dillahunty seems to be filling the void
Cosmic skeptic and Aaron Ra are good candidates too

Nah, you don’t need anyone. You can do it yourself now. Training wheels off!

Thanks but no thanks. We need a bigger name, but the other three have to become involved.

The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse comes from the Bible. I think it's time for the remaining three to ride into the sunset. They've done a good job of the demolition. Now it's time for the clean-up and the new construction.

skado Level 9 Jan 12, 2020

That’ll be Jesus and the New Jerusalem was then! 🤪🤡

hahahahaha, I thought it came from the Four Horsemen of Notre Dame football history. Go figure. The tree left probably wouldn't appreciate me saying, but they are all getting old, except Harris. Wouldn't hurt to get some young blood started. I disagree that hey represent us, but I do think they have changed the minds of a lot of religious people.

I love the four horsemen. But the idea of having particular people representing atheist does not settle with me. I simply do not believe there is a god. I do not need anyone representing me in that. It is good to spread the fact that it is common not to believe in myth.

Don't know who first attached the name the four horsemen, it may have begun with the video of that name and they may have decided to use it themselves, or it could have been already given to them perhaps by an apologist. But anyway I would vote that Hitch must be the rider on the pale horse.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:448630
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.