Agnostic.com

2 1

What does Judeo-Christian mean?

Many people say the US government was founded upon Judeo-Christian beliefs.The constitution was actually written by atheists like Thomas Jefferson. However, the question is Jews are not Christians and Christians are not Jews. So what are Judeo-Christian principles?

Grecio 7 Jan 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Gerat question. LenHazell53 did a great job of answering it.

Judeo-Christian means religions that trace themselves back to Isaac, it used to be those who traced themselves back to Abraham, but since that also includes Islam, it was moved up a generation to take out Hagar and Ishmael.

That’s interesting, Len. I didn’t know about the moving generation thing.

@Bierbasstard Just as insane as the early Christians splitting the church of Greece and the church of Roman from one another over whether or not bits of bread and wine ACTUALLY turn in to the blood and body of a zombie jewish carpenter or not during the eucharist.

Cool, I had no idea. Thanks..

@LenHazell53 I tell ya, if you got to fight over that, you just want to fight anyway. Reely..

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:448972
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.