Agnostic.com

1 1

LINK ‘Phubbing’ your kids 'could put them at risk of depression'

I see it all the time. It's shameful and an example of bad parenting. These phones are worse than the opioid crisis.

IAJO163 8 Jan 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Well I don't know about worse than the opioid crisis, but maybe on a more subtle net harm basis because it's more prevalent (I think) than opioid addiction, especially in children.

Of course I saw parents ignore their children in the pre-smartphone era (which, when you think of it, is a mere 15 years ago). Smartphones and tablets and laptops just make it easier to do.

Also, not all of this is lack of interest in your kids. It is a need to escape from your life and its pressures generally. If you work at a crap job and stagger home exhausted to the demands of your kids and worries about bills you can't pay, THAT may be the more relevant cause than your phone. The phone is just a mechanism or catalyst, not a root cause.

There was an incident that happened about 12-15 years ago here where someone told someone that they were mistreating their children and that person called someone on the phone who met the bus and proceeded to shoot it up with an assault rifle. The planet's demise is going as scheduled. lol.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:451888
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.