Agnostic.com

1 0

Family, friends, cabs, and Colorado weather, all suck! At least a good Samaritan helped when no one would.

I went to the gym today at 12:30 pm. The sun was slightly out and it wasn't very cold out. I worked out for an hour and a half. I wore a light jacket. When I got out of the gym it was raining a little. I shopped at King Soopers quickly, then I saw it was snowing very hard outside. I have to walk far to the bus stop and to my place from when I'm dropped off at the bus stop. I called a friend at my place whom drives people around. She said she was busy for 1 hr driving, "Joe" somewhere. I said I would wait an hour, she said she can't get me. I called my aunt, she was in the next city over and couldn't get me. I don't live far from the gym, but I hate walking on the highway. It would take me 3 hrs on foot. My aunt told me to call a cab. I did. I told them where I was, she said someone was on their way. It got colder and was raining more after a half an hour of waiting for the cab. I called them again, they said they didn't know which Austin Bluffs I was on. I told them the first time. No cab service called me to figure out my location. The guy said to wait for the car. 20 minutes had gone by. Some good Samaritan saw me standing there and offered me a ride. I paid him even though he didn't want my money at first. I was almost crying talking to him. I thanked him a lot. He said he just moved here not too long ago. Same as me. Since my family and most friends never help me, I have to rely on myself mostly. At least strangers are more helpful than most people that know me. I'm home now. When I got home, the cab service called me. I told him what happened then hung up. Ice-cream with my friend soon. Yay!

Sarahroo29 8 Mar 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I lived in the Denver foothills for two years, but I couldn't get out of there fast enough. I don't like the cold and snow and I wrecked my car on black ice. As they say, "It's a nice place to visit (in the summer)". On the day I left, May 24, it was snowing.

Damn. Snow is weird around here.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:45258
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.