Agnostic.com

4 0

The art if conversation

Why is it so hard for people to have in person conversation that dies not resemble an interview or an autobiography?

Howcome 4 Mar 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My feeling is, people are afraid to be themselves, so they hide behind a script or a persona. Been there, done that.

I guess some people have no problem just taking off and talking. I have met people l who just pull you into their world, and they tend to go on and on as if you were not there.

Initial conversations resemble interviews or autobiographies because we want to know what appeals to them, what they might find comfortable to talk about or not. It is in my opinion a question of consideration, not some sort of test or history lesson.

Some people you just click with and you find yourself immediately comfortable with them, not sure why but its something I have experienced. Talking then becomes easy.

cava Level 7 Mar 29, 2018

Conversation is not the easiest art to master. My general MO is to let people tell me whatever they would like, shut up and listen, and then give them a sense that they have been heard. It doesn't always work, but I would estimate that I've got more than a 50/50 strike rate in having meaningful conversations with people. Not pick ups, not hitting on women - just interesting conversations. But that's just me.

Let me check my phone first. brb.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:45464
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.