Agnostic.com

2 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

There are many that love to memorize bible verses. I found that when I was involved in the Christian movement that it did not seem to be what it appeared. It is touted as a great way to get closer to God. In truth it appeared to be a method of simlply showing off how Christiany they could be. They memorized all these verses to appear religious and that was true. The actual purpose seemed to be just that. The people that did do this seemed to have very little theological background. Much like memorizing quotes from a Chiltons repair manual without having any idea or intent to actually fix a car. It was all a show and it turned me off as a Christian and it turns me off now.

"Senator Andre Jacque (R-De Pere) says "Ethan's Law" would prevent the placement of a child into the care of a non-parent with a criminal record of violence or abuse.

The young boy's tragic death shed light on a loophole Senator Jacque says needs to be fixed.

In 2016, after allegations of neglect by his mother, Ethan Hauschultz was placed in the care of his great uncle Timothy Hauschultz and his wife, Tina, just outside Manitowoc.

"He was placed with somebody who should not have been entrusted with his care. I mean, there were red flags all over the place," says Sen. Jacque.

In April 2018, Ethan died after court records say he was beaten by the Hauschultz's then-14-year-old son Damian and, at the direction of Timothy Hauschultz, was forced to carry a piece of wood outside in the snow for two hours as punishment "

According to several source the punishment in question however was not a failure to learn bible verses but was for impudence to a school teacher.

[wbay.com]

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:455860
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.