Agnostic.com

25 11

What did your adult child(ren) thank you for doing while raising them?

"Don't thank me, thank your mother," my ex-husband told our daughter this morning. Then Claire, 29, called me.

"Mom, I want to thank you for raising me on healthy food," she said. "I changed my diet. It's basically a vegan diet except for protein: I eat eggs, chicken and fish."

"After 10 days, I feel great!" she enthused. "My skin is glowing. I have more energy and lost weight. And my allergies are better."

"Next week, I will see a nutritionist to make sure I'm getting enough vitamins and minerals," Claire added. "It's free. Nutritionists are paid by my work insurance." Good idea.

"At age 27, I stopped eating fast food, beef, preserved and processed meats," I replied. "Your dad always insists on turkey and ham for Thanksgiving dinner. It's his family tradition. Did you notice I never ate the ham?"

"I feel proud of you, honey," I said. "Good for you!"

LiterateHiker 9 Feb 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

25 comments (26 - 25)

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:456441
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.