Agnostic.com

5 2

Secular spirituality

Do you believe it is possible to be “spiritual” even if you are an atheist or agnostic?

DaRogue 4 Feb 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Depends on what you mean by spiritual. It means different things to nearly all the people who use the word. From. " I often talk to ghosts, and they talk back." To. " I sometimes get an overdose of endorphins when I run for too long, and I am too stupid to understand body chemistry. "

You probably need to define the term. It means many things to many people.

For me the answer would be yes, but then I’m peculiar anyway!

Nope, we’ve entered the realm of reality…

Varn Level 8 Feb 7, 2020

My girlfriend is an atheist when it comes to god. She is a heritatary witch of at least 5 generations that she knows of. She does believe in spirits, souls etc.

Believing in a spiritual realm is not a question that has anything to do with god beliefs. So it is no conflict to not believe in gods or question if they exist while believing in the "spiritual".

It is also possible to not believe in spirits and yet have the idealology of being spiritual. The word has many meanings to many different people.

I personally do not believe there is a spiritual realm or souls.

Welcome to the site.
It may depend on what is meant by “spiritual”. To me, spiritual just refers to attitude. So I think everybody is spiritual, and has spiritual needs, though I don’t believe in supernaturalism.
Check out our group for people who are interested in spiritual naturalism:

[agnostic.com]

skado Level 9 Feb 6, 2020
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:457214
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.