Agnostic.com

7 1

Back When You Were A Believer, Name Something In The Bible or Text, You Found Hard To Believe.

The obvious answer now that we have been De-Programed from Religion is " All Of It"

I, on the other hand am not ashamed of my Christian upbringing in Canada. I am grateful for the experience because i believe All Knowledge is power.

Taking consideration of the vast number of Religions and Denominations, I can only reference my Catholic and Baptist Past. One can say i went from Predator Priest to Mentally Manipulating Pastors!

My religious years were of course centered on the bible.

What i found hard to believe in the bible, takes place in its beginning.
I am referring to the Adam and Eve, Garden Of Eden scenario.

First: So the original sin was committed, forbidden fruit was eaten by Eve and shared to Adam wile being orchestrated by the serpent.

Then: As Punishment, This god, Punish women by giving them the bourdon of Child Bearing and all the pain associated with this.
Then this god punishes the Serpent by casting them all on their bellies, where their skulls will be crushed by the heel of mans feet, which suggest serpents once had legs or perhaps arms too.

Conclusion: If this is a god of love, this god must apparently hate women and serpents!

These punishments remind me of some Mid Evil Torture Shit!

I found this hard to believe despite being a Christian most of my life!

FOR THOSE WHO ARE BRAVE ENOUGH, PLEASE SHARE SOMETHING IN YOUR FORMER TEXT THAT WAS HARD TO BELIEVE!

twshield 8 Feb 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Most all of it!

Actually I was indoctrinated so young it all was "true". It was later in life that I found scriptures that concridicted themselves. It was all god magic and all facts not even open to questioning. I was really brainwashed.

All of it! Please tell me the part or parts you found believable.

God said let there be light, and THEN a few days later came the sun? Caught that one at a very young age.

Fitting all the animals in the world on a boat.

Never a believer but talking snakes and donkeys outside of Disney and mushrooms seemed a bit of a step too far.

I was always in bother for questioning the bible, dogma and doctrine, my childhood was filled with threats of Hell fire if I did not "put my intelligence to better use"
The trinity was always my biggest bugbear, it did not make sense to me, quite a relief it was to find it did not make sense to anyone else either.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:458096
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.