Agnostic.com

1 1

Can anyone help me locate a quote about the law?

It is a comparison of how law is applied to different entities (rich/poor/commoner/connected/powerful/etc.)

The quote sounds rather classic like this one by Anatole France.

"The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."

The one I'm looking for is something along the lines of, "There is one group the law protects but not restricts, and one the law restricts but not protects."

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Wasn't sure what category. Could have gone in Academic I suppose.

WilliamCharles 8 Feb 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Ive looked for a while but don't recognize what you're looking for. Here's some sites I've been checking.
[goodreads.com]
[brainyquote.com]
[wiseoldsayings.com]
[notable-quotes.com]
[azquotes.com]
Started getting a little dizzy reading the same quotes over and over 🙂

I know I've seen it (though possibly in just a well-worded meme). Didn't think to grab it on the spot. It gets into the politicians' role in all this iirc, where the wealthy pay them to craft laws to their liking, while largely limiting themselves to enforcement against the group without power.

Maybe if I try the term "constrains" instead of "restricts" I might have some success.

Thanks for your searches.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:463783
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.