Agnostic.com

3 3

LINK Enjoy the Freethinking American Songbook on “Freethought Matters” this Sunday - Freedom From Religion Foundation

"In part one of the two-part musical this Sunday, FFRF Co-President Dan Barker plays selections from freethinking composers such as Stephen Foster, Scott Joplin, Jerome Kern, Irving Berlin and George & Ira Gershwin. Barker, an accomplished jazz pianist, recorded the show on the Diane Uhl Steinway Piano at FFRF’s headquarters in Freethought Hall in Madison, Wis."

bingst 8 Feb 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Former xian missionary pianist Dan lost his religious first wife and then married Annie after they met on Oprah....he should do a reunion show with Oprah playing Atheist fave tunes

Really? I had no idea.

Have worked with FFRF 40 YEARS now

Good to know such clever composers were not fooled by dogma. I shall try to catch the programme on YouTube.
Thanks for posting.

The interesting thing is that last week I heard something on public radio that caused me to go to Spotify and play some Gershwin tunes. 😛

Thanks for sharing this.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:465028
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.