Agnostic.com

4 0

Am I wrong?

Am I wrong to feel that religion is the source of all evil when I see it being used daily to execute others? To persecute others? I was raised to believe in God and Science. I’ve witnessed “proof” of an afterlife and believe we go somewhere else after Death although I believe less and less that it’s a “religious” place and more a an energetic plane..Cosmic.
Religion seems to bring nothing but pain. I don’t believe in the Bible. I most assuredly don’t believe in the whacko “Preachers” I see and hear on TV..especially the ones raving over Trump. I believe in Science. Light and dark energies light being good and dark being bad. Does anyone else feel like I do?

Lori49 1 Mar 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If there is any evil that is not caused by religion then religion can not be rhe source of "all" evil.

There are many that believe on good and evil or dark and light forces. I for one do not see any more evidence for that than there is for gods

What Geoffrey said. It doesn’t come from religion; it just gets deposited there. And everywhere else.

skado Level 9 Mar 3, 2020

You are right to an extent, religion and ideologies are vital tools in the control and motivation of violence inherent in a section of humanity that craves control and yet sees it as being set free. Free to hate, free to destroy in a subjectively "good" cause, free to feel superior and thus enslave lesser beings, free to legitimise their most base desires and feelings as being for the greater good.
Tell the soldiers they are fighting for god in heaven and they will unleash hell on earth.
Give a certain human this delusion and they will not only embrace psychopathy for you, they will love you for letting them do it.

If religion did not exist, it would be necessary to invent it.
Paraphrasing Voltaire

Yes you are wrong. It’s people that do it over religion, politics, culture, ethnicity and on occasion sporting affiliation.

It’s people not the ideology.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:466162
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.