Agnostic.com

3 2

LINK Canadian Mental Health Association

I would like to shed much needed light surrounding mental health and being a survivor of child hood abuse/ trauma I do think it needs to be addressed and hopefully maybe even our laws both in Canada and the USA could change to have justice for the Victims instead of watching an injustice take place and for the attacker to get off with a fucking slap on the wrist .

AJimboShep82 7 Mar 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I’m thinking that it’s no wonder why people seek their own Justice when feeling as though the laws that govern that when they feel the law had let them down its down right disappointing and borderline criminal

I think you might need to be a bit more specific....there are right now plenty of laws and agencies dealing with child abuse, some of which are not applied correctly to either the victim or the supposed attacker.

I apologize if that was a bit vague ; but what I’m referencing is the laws themselves that is in place to “ protect “ the victim or at least supposed to protect them but if I were to hypothetically file a police report and seeing is there is a statute of limitation on when it should be filed ( and that excludes trauma which could last a lifetime which it appears to be the case for even me )

@AJimboShep82 the problem is, anybody can complain to CPS...disgruntled ex, pissy landlord, etc and cause the parents & children a lot of heartache, so there have to be procedures/protocol in place. And in Any court setting, there has to be a time limit as memories are Easily manipulated...this has been proven many times.
And you might consider dwelling on "wrongs" in your past may be messing up your current life...?

@AnneWimsey as much as I want to just let things go I find I am unable to make peace with it and those memories they are a bitch to live with I am struggling and I have for years knowing nothing but vengeance with the anger and raw emotions that come with which I do suspect is partly why my stomach is fucked the slightest of smells or if I see something really disgusting I puke real easy and to be honest I see what your saying it’s the laws that I don’t agree with that allow a child abuser to walk free but I can’t help but thinking that there should be something in place regardless of length of time that do live with PTSD and to be honest I burn for Justice to make things somewhat right.

@AJimboShep82 you can Never change the past! Nor is revenge any help whatsoever, it will leave you empty.
Get counseling & learn that you are still letting your abusers control your entire life, you are allowing them to waste it!

Wrist-slapping has gotten way out of hand.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:467245
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.