Agnostic.com

2 4

Its so amazing how i ive had to analyze things to understand things and i trusted people to lead me in the right direction. I asked my dad why the paper moved when i waved a flashlight in front of it. He said light has enegy and it moved the paper.  I told my friends and they believed me. The dominos effect. The truth is that moving the light, moved the air around it, that moved the paper. In my younger days i attended a church where they spoke in tongues.  I believed the explanation.  I told my friends.  They were shocked and scared. They believed me. The dominos effect. We seem to believe people know what their talking about. We seem to trust those in elevated positions of trust. Accepted trust can and will lie to us for their own personal gain. It starts with santa clause,  the tooth fairy,  easter rabbit, ghosts,  satan, god. You ever notice how we where programed to follow these scenarios? You get a prise if you beleive their stories. Everyone gets a cookie. We want to be in that special groop so we can tell people that we belong so we can be accepted so we can get a cookie. Whats the cookie? Only you can say. The big question is how are we going to start doing the right thing. We have a world of information in front us. We can explain ghost are not real. Its a start. Then explain psychics and how wrong they are. So on and so on. Eventually we can get to the real truth. Gods and people that need them.

BucketlistBob 8 Nov 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My personal "journey" has led me to truly believe that people of all ages need to be taught how to think critically and that, for me, is addressed through philosophy - the unending search for the truth. I'm so enamoured with this topic, that I believe it should be taught in schools and, the more I think about it, am surprised that it isn't - along with financial management. I was taught religious education at school, and even received a qualification, but now wish I'd been taught philosophy instead.

Well said and I agree. A need is created so that they can fulfill that need.

What you may not have considered are the people who are emotionally damaged, the ones who were hurt and those who were not given what they needed in childhood and are searching for something to fill the emptiness. We need to address the walking wounded for they have needs that we need to find answers for.

I like the way you think. 🙂

Betty Level 8 Nov 22, 2017
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:4700
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.