Agnostic.com

3 2

LINK CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus shatters New Jersey family, kills 4 with 3 more hospitalized

Tragic but I'm more interested in her medical history than her faith tbh...

TheMiddleWay 8 Mar 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Tragic

So sad 😢

bobwjr Level 10 Mar 19, 2020

Her faith may be the only comfort she has, I would not wish to deprive her of that. I did notice that most of the family were grossly overweight, I should imagine that may have been a contributory factor in their deaths.

@TheMiddleWay Without an in depth knowledge of all their medical histories how can anyone say why some succumbed and others survived?

@TheMiddleWay Im sure all their data will be put into the mix when it comes to analysing who succumbed and who didn’t. Too late for this family...but hopefully will be helpful in future outbreaks.

Ooohhh, let's blame the victims, especially their weight...
Do you think all those dead Chinese were fat, too?

@AnneWimsey I meant that they may have had some underlying health problems due to being overweight. I’m not blaming them for being overweight, did I sound like I’m blaming anyone? The question was why some get ill and die and others don’t, underlying health problems and age seem to be main factors, but as I pointed out...it’s only guesswork without any actual knowledge. Now we’re told amount of exposure to the virus is another factor too, that is why so many young doctors and other medics are succumbing. However, this post was not about the wider pandemic in China or anywhere else, but was specifically about this one American family and I was trying to find answers to the questions the poster was asking about why it was that some died and some didn’t.

@TheMiddleWay so, change the word "overweight" to "black" (because they have far higher cardio problems than normal) or "japanese" (because they stroke out far more than "normal" ), and tell me how it sounds...I'll wait right here, shall i?

@TheMiddleWay I explained clearly why various groups have pre-existing medically relevant conditions caused solely by their ethnic groups.......you have chosen to ignore those easily verified Facts and attack me. Charming! Oh, wait, no, pathetic.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:472752
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.