Agnostic.com

2 4

States tell Pacific Crest Trail hikers to cancel their trips.

Calls for hikers to stay off the Pacific Crest Trail amid the coronavirus pandemic are growing louder after one person died and several people had to be rescued in "extremely dangerous conditions."

On March 19, the Pacific Crest Trail Association asked everyone planning to hike or already on the trail, which runs more than 2,600 miles through California, Oregon and Washington, to cancel their trips.

"Now is not the time for a vacation," said a statement from the association. "Unfortunately, not everyone observed this request."

The hubris of hikers.

[nbcnews.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Apr 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Happy they are on top ,and you can still do your local walks ,parks are closed around here but walking trails are open with social distancing

Yes it is irresponsible to do any dangerous sports at this time. Sadly it seems that here in the UK there are reports from the police, that since the roads are nearly empty of traffic, some, mainly young, people have taken the chance to start using them a car racing tracks. Maybe not quite as dumb as licking shelves in the supermarket, but not far off.

I often wonder if Britain is dumbing down.
I was remarkably wild in my youth, but not stupidly dumb.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:478778
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.