Agnostic.com

4 5

LINK What does 'recovered from coronavirus' mean? 4 questions answered about how some survive and what happens next

One of the more rational writings I've seen about the expected path forward (tragically painful though it will be) with coronavirus COVID-19.

RichCC 8 Apr 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Interesting, seems like a good source of info. But never heard of it before. Is it’s sole purpose to cover Corona Covid 19 news?

The guy who wrote the article is Tom Duszynski
Director Epidemiology Education, IUPUI.

From wiki -- IUPUI is Indiana University–Purdue University Indianapolis is a public research university in Indianapolis, Indiana. A core campus of Indiana University that also offers Purdue University degrees, it is the result of a merger in 1969 of the Purdue Indianapolis Extension Center and Indiana University Indianapolis.

I don't know much about 'The.Conversation.com' myself. It's supposed to be an 'in depth' news source about various topics like arts, culture, business, education, environment, ethics, religion, health, politics, what-have-you. I'm with you -- they look interesting.

Very informative! Thanks!

Reinfection is possible, they do not know for sure yet!!!

There are some report of reinfection of the so called recovered!!!

No one knows for sure!,,

Use social distancing, wear mask, gloves, and eye protection when ever out side your domicile, Always!!!

Of course we're still relatively near the start of this pandemic. And there's lots left to learn. But unless humanity's time is over...

From the link:

Once communities pass the peak of the epidemic, the number of new infections will decline, while the number of recovered people will increase. As these trends continue, the risk of transmission will fall. Once the risk of transmission has fallen enough, community-level isolation and social distancing orders will begin to relax and businesses will start to reopen. Based on what other countries have gone through, it will be months until the risk of transmission is low in the U.S.

But before any of this can happen, the U.S. and the world need to make it through the peak of this pandemic. Social distancing works to slow the spread of infectious diseases and is working for COVID-19. Many people will need medical help to recover, and social distancing will slow this virus down and give people the best chance to do so.

Great article.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:481390
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.