Agnostic.com

3 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Old age is the most dangerous group to be in, during this virus. About 3300 deaths at US nursing homes so far, that is not acceptable. US spent trillions on the 9/11 insanity, I wonder what insane health harzard records they can break next. How many trillions will this cost? They will really smash, the world war 2 budget.

Why are we not mass testing? Why were the warnings ignored? Why did the electoral college think trump could actually do this job?
Just sayin'

I work in a nursing home. There has been massive federal response. The daily operations are completely different. Residents are confined to the rooms. There are no visitors. They are not allowed items from the outside. Clothing can no longer be sent home to be washed by family. Staff are screened daily and only the ones absolutely essential are allowed in. Dining staff and housekeepers are restricted to a select few. The rules are much stricter than at the attached Hospital.

These are all based on federal mandates from the CDC. The administration and charge nurses spend hours each day on the new guidelines just to make sure we comply.

Sorry but it is not completely accurate to say Nursing homes are being ignored by the federal government in this.

MsAl Level 8 Apr 12, 2020

Not all are

@bobwjr they might not be being monitored to see if they are following the guidelines. But the rules are from al federal level and apply to all long term care facilities. We are given all the details daily. And the sources ccx are prominently displayed every morning.
State inspectors are some of the people not visiting right now during the outbreak so there is that...
In general the industry is regulated much more than any other including other areas of healthcare but I guess it is at state level. I can't recall ever having or hearing about federal inspections of any kind.

It is a little scary because no one is allowed in at all. Its difficult to know what is going on inside individual facilities. I'm sure this is excruciating for family members. Especially those with loved ones who can't communicate well over the phone.

My facility is the best I have been in and we do not have the virus as of yet. It really is a very bad situation though. It is alot of work keeping everyone moving mentally and physically in a facility in regular times. Lack of group activities, and visitors and being restricted from moving themselves around in the halls are all a very big deal. It's a much bigger and different thing than it is for people in the outside world who need to "stay at home" but are still able to move around their homes and use the internet or pick up a phone or even change the channel on their own tv for stimulation.

Glad to hear your facility is COVID-19 free. Not knowing the particulars of your funding I will say money talks BS walks. There are many facilities operating on shoe string budgets and like the one in Kirkland, WA that facility had in the past been fined.
The show painted a broad stroke and of course the worst of the worst gets show cased. That said America was warned and the current admin failed. Stay safe and thank you for the work you do.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:483978
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.