Agnostic.com

4 3

Could this be the end of the world? I doubt it. The planet has not yet been overwhelmed by our ridiculous choices. And when it does we will all see the outcome: but most of us will be spectators. We are leaving nothing for our children or grandchildren. What a mess. And nobody seems to care except those who can't do anything about it.

Azaz8899 5 Apr 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yeah I don't like the planet's chances of hanging on to much of the diversity of life we have now but it may well be resilient enough to reboot, whether or not anything with language and our other suite of capacities ever comes along again. But really, would it turn out any better if it did?

But I'm much less optimistic about the USA ever becoming a functional country again. I don't think you can swing to and from being a nation of laws at every election to say nothing of the income inequality. Here at least we are well and truly fucked.

Technology will bail us out.
A few more major crises, like a major war, will bring enough people to their senses to shift momentum.

It is the height of arrogance to suppose that we could cause the end of the world.
The end of our society maybe, the end of our species possibly, but the world will go on, with ot without us.

And nobody seems to care except those who can't do anything about it. Seems very true. Could it be that power blinds people that have power to prevent them from doing what really needs to be done. Rather than see to it that their own selfish agendas are taken care of.

Word Level 8 Apr 22, 2020

Excellent point

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:487648
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.