Agnostic.com

7 5

Reforming Islam

PBuck0145 7 Apr 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You just can't 'reform' anything that encourages killings! Just go and read the Quran and you will see how many times lives and freedoms are encouraged to be taken and demolished! And don't expect from people who were born as Muslims or as followers of any other religion,,, and never really read 'the book' and the literature and never followed the rules for most part to 'reform' somthing they are used to as a 'culture'(which is what almost religions and ideologies these days have become!) If there is one thing that can be done so that the next generation will have less adaptation of suffering then it would be enforcing laws worldwide to protect liberties and free thinking!

The most radical are those who have been "converted" to Islam. You are probably correct, but I cling to some faint hope that those who are born into Islam can be swayed by reason and evidence.

@PBuck0145 When 'the Book' says A, don't expect the followers to change it into B using 'interpretation'! All religions and ideologies eventually dilute into something with the same old cover but with a more daily accepted practice. Most Muslims for example nowadays can't even read 1 phrase lf the Quran correctly and therefore don't understand it, yet they like to 'follow'! Most people who claim to belong to a certain religion can't practice and follow most of the rules of that religion in 2020 cause it will just destroy their own daily life! Human beings kept accepting less violence while they are evolving into a world dominated by technology and a fast communication economy. That's why I'm not in favor of judging the followers by what say it's their 'belief' rather than judging them by their behavior which is much better!

Wishing him luck....and safety! He probably shouldn't travel in certain fundamental areas! How any group of people who claim to adhere to ''the religion of peace'' can oppress women and treat them like slaves is beyond my understanding.

Tawhidi believes that it is possible to reform Islam. To do so would require wholesale re-writing to the Qur'an and Hadith and ignorance of the Sira. The possibility to achieve that is dubious.
Nevertheless, I support the Imam in his efforts to achieve world peace.

@PBuck0145 When has Islam treated reformers with respect and attention to their message? In the same way that Christianity is based on a document so contradictory you can't possibly believe it's ''infallible''...so, too, is Islam. Anyone who's read (or attempted to read) the Quran knows that it begins all sweet, love, kindness and generosity but slips into hatred, violence and calls for murder, etc, as it moves along. And then, there are the surahs, beloved by ISIS and others.

I'll respect this man but, I won't bet on his success or even his longevity!

Hopeless.

The only reasonable "reform" for islam, and every other religion, would be
complete non-existence.
Since that is completely unlikely, anything else is just marketing bullshit.
Nothing will ever make islam more palpable.

Some religions are life-affirming. Islam is a death-worshiping cult.

@PBuck0145 Depends on one's perspective, doesn't it?
I think they're all pretty much evil. Don't have any use for any of them.

@KKGator You are correct about the perspective.
Perhaps the common cold is as "evil" as are AIDS and Cancer. If catching a cold could prevent Cancer I would choose the lesser of the evils.
IMHO Islam is the greatest ever foisted upon humanity. It would be prudent to support and encourage other "faiths" in their opposition to Islam. The enemy of my enemy can be tolerated as a friend.

@PBuck0145 You do you.

@KKGator "Your truth" supersedes "the truth" = postmodernism.

@PBuck0145 Okeyday!

Total BS!!!

They spew one thing, while using underlying tactics to subvert and out right lie to gain control and dominance!!!

Do not be fooled by a religion that allows you to lie to protect a fellow Islamist from harm from a non believers!!!

Islam is an evangelistic’s paradise!!!

It was formed in violence and preaches violence against non believers!!!

It expects blind obedience to Imans their form of preachers who push male dominance, abuse of children and women, prostitution, death to any non believer who will not convert.

Their is no moderate or peaceful or reformed Islam!!!

Let’s not forget sharia law which is so strict that females have no rights!!!

You can reform a religion that is a death cult that kills and murders in the name of it illiterate pedophile anti feminist Prophet!!!

Sharia law is quite simply Abrahanic law- it differs little from what the fundie Jews and Christians follow - only more secular societies won't allow it to stone people or cut off hands, but they are still the same, the SAME. More moderate, or secular, Muslim countries are not much different from the Xtion ones.

In time, especially with many young Muslims growing up in other cultures, Islam will go the same way as every other religion and die a slow death from indifference, expedience and logic.
The elderly keep religion alive and their children conform to please them and for peace, as the elderly die off so does their influence.
This is why some see radicalisation as so important to "keep the faith" mad Imam's, Gospel preachers, scriptural literalism, Hindi fanatics, even Buddhist leaders advocating violence are all the result of the death scream of religion, a final act of insane defiance at the waning of their influence: If you cannot have love, have respect, if not respect then fear must suffice and the best way to combat fear is a solid mix of knowledge and laughter.

Without the "death for apostasy" edict, Islam would have expired centuries ago. Unfortunately, the edict is alive and well in the Islamist nations.

@PBuck0145 Hopefully the point will come when more Muslims live outside of Muslim theocracies and the overall consensus will be that they are as old fashioned to Islam as the Vatican is to Christians.

It should ignore the saying of 'Jesus' that is that you should bring those who I shouldn't rain over and kill them before me.

Reign?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:489224
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.