Agnostic.com

1 2

COVID
Nearly 2/3 of Americans are overweight or obese, and it is estimated that over 80% have compromised insulin sensitivity. Not good......As the article states, prevention IS the cure. The best prevention is exercise, a good diet (there are many ways to do this, none of which are the standard American diet based on the food pyramid), sleep, and avoid bad stuff.

" known in the medical literature that excess body fat induces immune dysregulation and chronic inflammation which is directly linked to the cytokine storm that is responsible for Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome seen in influenza and other respiratory viruses."

[europeanscientist.com]

Mitch07102 8 Apr 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

A good diet and regular exercise requires time and money that many less privileged individuals just do not have. A good start would be to try to walk at least 20-30 minutes per day (in 10 min. increments if necessary) and stop eating all fast food and most meats...as well as more fruits and veggies.
Interesting read about inflammation, which I believe is responsible for most of my health issues.

If you have issues with inflammation please consider a carnivore diet, at least until you can figure out what is causing it. You almost certainly have one or more food intolerances. See:

[meatrx.com]

@MissKathleen Agreed. A person who eats a lot of refined carbohydrates and industrial oils is constantly inflamed. Combine with poor sleep, stress, too much coffee, alcohol, and you have sick Amerika. A person from 100 years ago would view modern Amerikans as a new species. Fat, sick....very sad. (Note I am not body shaming. This is a health crisis that makes COVID look like a picnic.)

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:489681
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.