Agnostic.com

4 1

So why do people assume that there was only one big bang in the universe?

It's very possible that there were more, wouldn't more than one help to explain why matter isn't just all over the place?

LeftyWright 5 Apr 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

"Assume" is the wrong word. "Assume" suggests that the theory is just a guess and only a handful of people, relative to all astrophysists, accept it as true.

In contrast, most, if not all astrophysists accept the "big bang" theory is very likely. And studies of light, matter, dark matter, stars, galaxies, the "arrow of time", entropy, and especially the Cosmic Microwave Background, suggests that the "big bang" theory is very likely.

Matter is actually all over the place. But 80%, or something high like that, is dark matter - a horrible name. It's only called "dark matter" because, we don't know what it is. We only know that it exists because of its effects on other structures (i.e. galaxies, and other space stuff). But it is "matter" - or whatever scientists eventually call it when they find out what it actually is.

Um, not really.

Essentially, if you extrapolate the movement of the galaxies back through time it resolves to a single point. Also, the CBR (cosmic background radiation,) which can almost be thought of as the remnants of the Big Bang "fireball" is extremely consistent with itself as well as the theoretical model that was developed prior to the CBR's accidental discovery.

The evidence supports one and only one Big Bang.

I studied physics and your question makes no sense to me. Please explain how you think the current model is inconsistent with observed data.

Lol. Okay, start with Occam's razor (google it if it's not already familiar).

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:49015
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.