Agnostic.com

8 2

Church and FEMA funding?

So what do you all think about the Churches in Huston suing FEMA for money. I don't think they should be getting any Federal funds myself. My buddy is a devout Christion and he as well thinks they should not get a penny from the federal government.

• 0 votes
  • 20 votes
JoshuaAshley 3 Sep 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If they don't pay taxes why should they get funding from those that do pay taxes?

The only way they should receive any federal funds - they give up their tax-free status.

Most of the time, churches will only do charity work with "strings attached".

FEMA money should be completely secular in providing aid.

The actually expect taxpayers to reimburse them for doing what their book tells them to do?!? WTF!! As I recall, there's a verse in one of the gospels addressing the idea of suing someone. They need to read their book better. >😟

They don't give any, why should they get any? My tax payer dollars should not go to fund a belief system that has nothing to do with embetterment of the human race. There is a clear cut separation between church and state in the constitution, and no disaster should change that. Rebuild peoples homes and livelihoods first, and when they have done that, the people can make personal donations to thier preferred house of worship.

I'd vote Yes and No. I can't make a knee-jerk reaction here. There are so many legal technicalities involved.

I see this court battle in Houston as some sort of "clash of the Titans" thing: Big Business versus Big Business!

not a red cent

They should start paying taxes if they want benefits of paying taxes.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:492
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.