Agnostic.com

3 1

Can we declare 'war' on social media postings proclaiming that the only solution to the Corona virus is "faith", that literally post 'the Lord's Prayer', that seek 'blessings' to be bestowed and / or otherwise extol the virtues of an omnipotent invisible man in the sky ? I just didn't realize that Facebook was an appropriate place to proselytize. I like to ask 'faith in what'; american ingenuity? the Federal Reserve? Satan? Foghorn Leghorn? I just think people are afraid to take on God, and those Posters are taking advantage of that. I'm so sick of it ! So to show the absurdity of it, I like to post about 'the Adversary,' the Big Ugly Guy Down South, Lucifer, The Never One, etc. Or Zeus and Athena and the other Greek Gods; polytheism tends to really piss them off.

stevemcc 3 May 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sorry, only Congress has the authority to declare war.

1of5 Level 8 May 6, 2020

Nice rant, hope it helped.

Why declare war on those who flaunt their own cognitive failures and delight the rest of us with their magnificent absurdities?

Well they may infect you. And not with faith, something nearly as nasty.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:493038
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.