Agnostic.com

1 1

The mind is the the only thing that has developed to name, or label itself?

Today was first time I have heard statement that way.

Word 8 May 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Near to profound. Not quite. "I think therefore I am." But close.

Near to profound. Not quite. René Descartes in 1637. Biblical text like 2000 years ago. But not even close.

Logos was itself and labeled itself?

John 1:1 In the beginning was the logos, the logos was with God and was god. John 1:14 ... the logos become flesh. John 10:34 Jesus replied, “It is written in your own Scriptures that God said to certain leaders of the people, ‘I say, you are gods!’

People are gods, began as thought a thought-god, thinking their way into existence into the flesh?

logos thought/word or cognition capabilities

Discourse on the Method of Rightly Conducting One's Reason and of Seeking Truth in the Sciences (French: Discours de la Méthode Pour bien conduire sa raison, et chercher la vérité dans les sciences) is a philosophical and autobiographical treatise published by René Descartes in 1637. It is best known as the source of the famous quotation "Je pense, donc je suis" (English: "I think, therefore I am", or "I am thinking, therefore I exist" ),[1] which occurs in Part IV of the work. A similar argument, without this precise wording, is found in Meditations on First Philosophy (1641), and a Latin version of the same statement Cogito, ergo sum is found in Principles of Philosophy (1644). wikipedia

@Word Thank you for the background, interesting. Though sadly I have changed my mind about profound, a little given some reflection, it is still clever. But since. "The mind is the the only thing that has developed to name, or label itself? " Is a substatement of the simpler and more general. The mind is the the only thing that has developed to name, or label. It does I think after all fall a little short.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:493586
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.