Agnostic.com

2 2

Luteolin Wonder Antioxidant?

Has anyone experienced the benefit of luteolin which works as an antioxidant?

[selfhacked.com]

I first encountered it in this article:

[advancedbionutritionals.com]

FrayedBear 9 May 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Another discovery out of the hundreds of still unidentified substances in foods whose effect/functions are unknown. Some of these may have therapeutic benefit in concentrated doses beyond what you can acquire naturally from your diet. Promising research to be sure, but realize that there exists a laundry list of such items, and they ain't cheap! For now, the best and cheapest way to get all the known and unknown benefits of substances in food is a diet rich in minimally processed fruits and vegetables (5 servings at bare minimum, 10 or more ideally).

Studies have consistently shown that individuals whose diets are higher in these foods have better outcomes regarding cancer, heart disease, and overall health. And it has long been known that animals on purified, synthetic diets, containing all known nutrients, don't thrive like those on natural diets. The obvious reason is that there exists many unknown substances in food which have benefits. For those who wish to maximize the quantity of these substances they consume in their food, eliminating sources of "empty" calories (refined sugar, excess fat) can make your diet especially nutrient dense.

are you selling it

No.

Asking for opinion & experience.

@FrayedBear how bout a doctor then or a pharmacist

@whiskywoman I will do that also but it is also interesting to hear lay people expressing their opinions & relating their experiences.
But perhaps you are too whisky sodden to be interested in anything but big pharma dogma & your own self centred attitude?

@FrayedBear i don't fuckin drink

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:494044
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.