Agnostic.com

3 1

LINK What Jesus Really Said About Heaven and Hell

If God loves his people and is sovereign over all the world why do his people experience so much tragedy?

Good question! Apparently hell is here on Earth and it's being run by Trump. I'm interested in your opinions. This scholarly christian has researched and written that they don't really exist?

IAJO163 8 May 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I love Bart Ehrlman and his academia to death but it can’t be a ignored that Jesus said nothing.

The Gospels are not verbatim anything but commentaries and constructions of an apocalyptic Jewish tradition.

This scholarly Christian is in fact an Agnostic, Atheist, not a Christian. He has been working on the book for at least 4 years as I spoke a bit about it when he was writing it. The main point of his book simply is something that I very often say. "There is much more attributed to the Bible than is actually to the Bible."

The concepts of Heaven and Hell today are simply not remotely close to the ideas of the authors IN the bible.

The early church was run by business men and all business men know you need a carrot and a stick to get the most out of your work force.
The teaching orders of monks quickly discovered that promise of "Jam tomorrow" has always worked well and any school master knows the threat of punishment to come is far more effective than the actual punishment, especially when you make it clear that begging for forgiveness can end that looming threat...at a price.
Jesus may have forgotten to mention this explicitly, but no matter the Bible has alway be open to, editorial interference, reinterpretation and additions by way of revealed truth.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:494117
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.