Agnostic.com

4 12

On coronavirus Mother's Day, get Mom what she really wants: solitude and no dishes to do.

"There is a website right now that tells me the perfect Mother’s Day gift is a hive of bees, which is exactly the gift you’d send to your enemy. A Facebook ad suggested what mothers like me really want this year is a subscription to a hot sauce of the month club. A blogger I follow suggested gifting mothers with a sourdough starter, the perfect gift in a pandemic.

"It’s exactly what a mother needs: something else that requires constant feeding and tending to and will never say “thank you.”

"A Facebook group I belong to is filled with mothers who all recently confessed that what they want for Mother’s Day this year is to hide in a room, away from all the want and need and reaching fingers, to tuck themselves away into a locked corner of the house with a chamber pot and a bottle of booze and unlimited access to Netflix and snacks."

"What do you want for Mother's Day?" my daughter, 30, asked. "You're so particular."

I laughed and winced at the same time. "I need new sheets," I replied. "Cotton, high thread count and a solid, gem-tone color."

"Send me a link," Claire replied. Done. On sale, too.

Most of all, I love Claire's heartfelt, loving cards. She writes about how much she loves and appreciates me. Like a sentimental sap, I treasure and save every card she sends.

[nbcnews.com]

LiterateHiker 9 May 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

There is nothing sentimental about you treasuring those cards. There is not enough of kindness, appreciation and love in this world that is being expressed. Happy Mother's day to you too.

@Jolanta

Thank you, dear.

Happy Mother’s Day!

@BudFrank

Thank you!

Happy Mothers Day LiterateHiker . Enjoy your Special day 🙂 I dropped off a couple of small african violet plants and strawberries for them to give to mom this morning,,she loves the violets ,and have a face time call set up with her for 2:15 thru nursing home,,looking forward to chatting with her

@RoyMillar

Thank you! I need to eat after hiking.

Happy Mother's Day. I hope you love your sheets, and keep treasuring each one of those cards.

@Lauren

Thank you, dear.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:494463
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.