Agnostic.com

11 9

On the 20th of May is my last day at work. Retirement here I come. Woohooo.

Jolanta 9 May 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Congratulations.....just promise me you won't go full "Howard Hughes" on us now. 😉 😉

I do my best. But not promising anything.

Congrats!

"A DAY THAT WILL LIVE IN INFAMY":

My life partner below:
Pat died sixteen years ago today. When nature does her "deed" we humans can only cry. Impossible to understand. If goodness transpired to longevity, Pat would be alive and well. Instead, we are left with only memories. Pat loved everyone. Never judged anyone, ever. Not even me. Pat knew thousands of people by their first name.

When I elected to sue Bill Gates or the Department Of Motor vehicles. Other corporations or a member of my own family Pat only said that she would not. (As told in my published autobiography book.)

Pat would want "us" to celebrate her & all your loved ones that also died. Pat would like us to have gratitude for all we have. For life itself. Pat said, 'I have a lot of living to do' shortly before her death. So important to step-back now. Truly appreciate all those things we have in our life. Understand how temporary everything is. Hence truly appreciating those individuals that love us. Express our love for them to them......now. Words matter. Now more than ever with our coronavirus. We cannot be demonstrative! Words have more meaning now than ever before in our life! All of us.

Please, let's take a minute of silence now thinking about those that we loved and died. How much they mean to us. How much we miss them. How they influenced who and what we are or striving to be. .

Love, Al

Atlas Level 3 May 11, 2020

Congratulations. I am just a few weeks behind you.

Congrats. And well done you made it, enjoy your well earned.

Congrats, Hope it works out well for you.

Oh how wonderful for you!

Congrats! It's even better than you've been told.

1of5 Level 8 May 11, 2020

Will you visit USA ?

Not now I will not. There is no travel to anywhere at the moment. I have already been to the US several times but would love to go back again to see more of it.

@Jolanta what did USA draw you to ? What would you seek next ? Is there any place you want to visit again ? I suppose I would recommend snow and 7 toed cats of Hemmingway Key West ....Coral Gables and Frank Lloyd Wright
....live jazz and rare art museums....river towns and eagles fishing open water below Mississippi dams/locks.....inside domed BOTANICAL centers and miles far outside Las Vegas @ nite LIGHTS visible from the Space Station

@Larry68Feminist It all sounds wonderful, except the jazz bit. Don't like it at all, give me blues any day. I love to go and see all the people I have met here on this site, that would be amazing. I also love to go back to Universal studios, it was a long time ago since I was there.

@Jolanta Chicago blues are just around the corner from jazz and down Archer Avenue you can have a rock band next to a polka. Parlour.........I drove by Universal Studios MYRTLE BEACH but never went in to see KING KONG but I am sure the movie montage repertoire changes to keep attracting repeat audiences

Wow, that's just around the corner. Congratulations, and have a blast!

Hey hey Big Congratulations to you!! What will you do to celebrate??

I have not thought of doing anything special. I shall indeed enjoy it though.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:494649
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.