Agnostic.com

2 0

I'm wondering today about a few things -

• who will be Vice President if Trump is felled by the virus and Pence has to take over?
  • if both are felled in quick succession, who will be President and Vice President?

I'm not trying for any nasty comments here, but both Trump and Pence have shown signs of not being careful.

• I wonder what percentage of Trump voters, or more generic Republican Party supporters during the last few years, understand that something has been broken, and revealed itself as broken here, beyond the simple financial issues of the US Government, and beyond what can be fixed by electing a better President or marginally better Congress. My guess is that if the equivalent of Abraham Lincoln or George Washington were elected in November in opposition to Trump, they would be hounded mercilessly by no-class thugs masquerading as freedom-concerned citizens of the Republican Party, and this would impede President's efforts during their time in office.
kmaz 7 May 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Don Jr and Ivanka!

The succession system is that if a VP takes over as President he must nominate a new VP which must be approved by, IIRC, Congress.

If both the President and VP are incapacitated or killed then there's an order of succession established, next would be speaker of the house (in other words, President Pelosi).

cool thanks. I knew some of this, but I guess it leads to a scenario question, which is that I'm going to guess that Trump, Pence and company will try very hard to avoid a situation where Pelosi becomes President. So, this would raise a question of someone who is nominated by a President to be VP, how much time it takes, and whether they would nominate someone who has anything resembling a decent relationship to reality (as opposed, say, to the person presently in the Oval Office).

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:495185
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.