Agnostic.com

7 8

Shit my son says.
As I was getting up for work this morning at the ass crack of dawn, I met my 17yr old in the kitchen getting a 'bedtime snack'. I commented on the late/ early hour (which has become his norm through lockdown) and expressed my concern that I've spawned a vampire. He says to me "I'm not a vampire, I'm just highly adaptable. I'm identifying as an Australian this week. Last week I was identifying as a South Korean." We're actually American, but he's decided to exist in the time zones of whomever he's playing online games with at the time.
Whatever gets you through your coronacation, bud.

Anyone else identifying differently through this twilight zone moment in time?

Amzungu 8 May 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's not unusual for me to hear my 20 year old grandson rummaging through the frig or into a box of cereal at one or two AM! His sleeping hours are all screwed up and sometimes he causes MINE to be also! 🙂

I am having a hard time keeping the days straight, twice I have "known" it was Monday when it was actually Sunday. When this is over, I want those missing days credited to my account!

When I was younger I enjoyed staying up late and when I was unemployed about 15 years ago I often slept odd hours. I'm in my late 40's now and am still a night owl though work schedule typically prevents me from staying up very late during the week.

Since the lockdown I've been working from home so I get up 2 hours later in the morning and thusly can stay up later. I'm out of bed at 7:55am so that I can be at work by 8:00. 😀

Since I retired, my clock has been all screwed up, unless I have plans or am traveling, I go to bed when I get tired and get up when I'm not anymore. I've always been a night owl and this allows me to just be me.

We're all night owls here. If his brother and I didn't have day shift jobs, we'd all be identifying as Australian.

I love the way your son thinks!

I haven't been identifying time zones differently, but I've found it helps my mental health to "be in the moment" more than I ever have. I'm a detail-oriented planner personality type, but I find it futile to think too far into the future right now. So adapting in my own way.

In a ..messed up way, that sounds healthy 🙂

Fortunately, my kids are 25 & 27. Sadly, no longer in my kitchen (you’ll miss that).. Personally, doing my part-time job without wading through the masses has left me realizing how much more I have in common … and actually prefer checking in with folks around here… A good thing, I hope 😉

Varn Level 8 May 14, 2020

I completely agree with your first statement. I'm rationalizing my momentary free range parenting with the confidence that his grades aren't hurting because of it, so why not let him make his vision of best life through this mess. Also, I know he won't be in my kitchen much longer, so maybe part of me enjoys seeing him at the start of my day.

#Australian, #Vampire

Best thing I've seen all day.

He's a witty one. 😁

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:495942
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.