Agnostic.com

3 0

[msn.com]
You Shouldn't Be Wearing Gloves to Go Grocery Shopping

desertastronomer 7 May 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This seems to be a popular viewpoint lately, but I have a hard time with the argument that something isn't effective just because other people are doing it wrong.

I take off my gloves (correctly) when I am outside of my car, and throw them in a bag which is disposed of when I get home (in the driveway, it doesn't even get into the house). When in my car, I use alcohol wipes to clean my hands and the steering wheel, and anything I may have touched getting into the car. The wipe also goes into the bag. I then remove my mask. If I go on to another store, I use fresh gloves. This is not brain surgery and, yes, it's better than bare hands, so I will continue to use them when shopping.

I keep my gloves on until my groceries are all n the designatedl drop area,then wash my hands wearing the golves, hang them to dry, then get busy with bleach spray & paper towels on the packages. If i know i will won't be using something for 3 days (or more) it gets stowed behind older stuff. Then I wash my hands & the drop zone thoroughly. Then I go put my feet up! I buy so much more than "normal" so I don't have to go out very often, the whole thing is exhausting!

@AnneWimsey It is exhausting, isn't it? I try to keep a good supply of stuff, and anything that can stand the heat gets left on the shelves in the garage until I need it.

I've been using alcohol because I always drip or spray bleach on my clothes at some point. 😟

The writer says that gloves do not help much, and could make things worse if not used properly. Agreed. So you may get a tiny gain if you do make a big effort to use them properly. Take your choice.

I feel with all the free time have,watching YouTube instructionor 2, and implementing their protocol, is the least I can do for myself

That depends on whether you touch your face with a gloved hand.

That's what the mask reminds me not to do, along with the gloves.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:497340
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.