Agnostic.com

6 0

How many US citizens will be dead or permanently incapacitated from C19 by November?

As US covid19 deaths approach 100,000 the NYT prints the names of just 1,000 on its front page.

[mobile.abc.net.au]

I liked the suggestion that a copy of the front page be prominently pinned up in all polling boths in November however I suspect the total by then will be one milion dead & disabled.

FrayedBear 9 May 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Blame it all on politicians if it makes you feel good, but that makes little sense to me. Maybe your notice, to be displayed at polling places, should note that all the hardest hit areas are run by Democrats.

Eight thousand Americans would normally die every day. Only three hundredths of one percent of Americans have died of the Coronavirus, and many of those wouldn’t have lived much longer anyway.

But what the heck—might as well make as much political hay out of the epidemic as possible.

It's not finished yet. The Black Death ran for 3 or 400 years and the Spanish flu which killed 50 million or so including my grandmother went for about three years. IMO This baby has only just started.

"Eight thousand Americans would normally die every day. Only three hundredths of one percent of Americans have died of the Coronavirus, and many of those wouldn’t have lived much longer anyway."
@WilliamFleming Jesus Bill, that is cold man, stone fucking cold.

@LenHazell53 Truth is truth. Cold or hot is emotion.

Our bodies are temporary by design. The true self, not so much.

Honestly, not that many … because those dying are by far those nature would not have allowed to survive as long if this were even slightly earlier times... Nothing ‘premature’ when it comes to artificially extended lives due to medicinal and medical advances. I’ll miss my parents, but each have stated, in their eighties and nineties ...it’s past their time to go..

Varn Level 8 May 24, 2020

There are other species far more endangered than humans.

Yes but it is not extinction that faces us, but a lot of truly horrible death for individuals, a lot of miserable sickness even fo those who live, and many left ill and dependent for perhaps months and years to come.

250K dead. Hopefully permanent disability won't be prevalent

In my opinion, only opinion, looking at the data, my own country the UK is opening up too much and a little too soon, and may have to suffer a second wave. BUT THE US! You have not even got to the top of the first wave yet.

Surfin USA ~

Everything is going to escalate big time in a couple of weeks I'm sure. Arsehole wants all places of worship open tomorrow, & of course states are already opening up, & they haven't even gotten a remote handle on flattening their curve to start with.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:498913
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.